Aquatic Bodywaves is a somatic experience in warm water, a holistic therapy leading to a deep personal journey. Consisting of presence, touch and impulses, Aquatic Bodywaves is an improvised water dance in partnership.
During an “Aquatic Bodywaves” session the giver connects with the receiver either totally passive or slightly interactive, inviting him/her into waves, spirals, massage and resting postures. The exploration often leads to deep relaxation and emotional release.
The “Aquatic Bodywaves” training is designed for water dancers or bodyworkers who would like to develop and deepen their skills in giving individual water sessions.
To participate, you need to have basic skills in water dancing (e.g. aquatic contact improvisation, Aguahara, etc.) or experience in other forms of bodywork.
on the physical level:
- to gain better understanding of body alignment and improve your posture, taking care of your own body.
- to offer good and safe support for your partner, especially for the neck
- to understand more thoroughly flow and coordination of movement and be able to read the waves of the receiver, creating rhythms without effort.
- to engage your whole being while « dancing » someone; to find stability and grounding while moving someone and to create currents and waves with your own movements.
on the psychological and emotional levels:
- during the aquatic session, to explore the edges of safety and challenge, working between offering a secure environment and a space for the person to grow
- to support the self healing resources and autonomy of the receiver.
- learn how to help the receiver welcome their flow of feelings and to help them integrate what’s going on if they touch traumatic memories.
- develop your own capacity to remain present and grounded without trying to “fix” the receiver. In this way we can support the physical and psychological experiences that occur, channeling the energies through ones own presence.
on the improvisational level:
- to develop a comfortable intuitive awareness of how to be with another person in the water. Listening to oneself and the other, in order to feel what is right in the moment and give an appropriate response to the needs of the client.
We will focus more on movement principles rather than on precise patterns. You will learn moves with the aim to adapt them to the receiver’s body, as well as how to develop your own style of bodywork. Your skills will grow organically through your own observations, sharing within the group and personal feedback.
In the water there will be a lot of guided improvised dance to open doors for your intuition to grow. Aquatic Contact Improvisation and movement on land will support your explorations in a playful way.
On land we will learn to support the flow and transformation of the emotions and to ground the client after a deep experience. We do this by creating a safe frame, by trusting the healing field of the water, and by supporting the resources of the person.
The Venue is located 15 minutes from Berlin - Tegel airport. It is in a private house with a 34°C heated private pool, studio, garden, terrace and sauna. We will prepare our food together in the big kitchen and for accommodation you have the choice of sleeping in a room or in the studio for 5 - 10 €/per night.
I am a water body therapist, certified in WATSU® & Water Dance®, and trained in Healing Dance®. After having practiced synchronised swimming as a teenager, I was in bliss to rediscover the water world as a smooth and playful universe some years later. As a Contact Improvisation teacher, I was naturally interested to develop an interactive water dance form, which I started to teach in 2007 in Switzerland and then internationally.
I have gained experience in emotional coaching through thousands of hours of training in Aquatic Bodywork with Arjana Brunschwiler as my main teacher, and of course my own experience with clients since 2005. "Learning Love" seminars and training have given me a lot of tools for supporting people in the field of reconnecting with the inner child, non violent communication and trauma healing. More on my background here.
My motivation to offer this training:
More than a thousand hours of training have brought me a lot of clarity in aquatic bodywork, helping me to give precise explanations and feedback to students. However, I am convinced that it is possible to learn more quickly and creatively by using improvisation principles from the beginning. I would also like to make my training accessible to water lovers who would like to improve their skills but don’t have the time and money to do so many trainings.
DETAILS ABOUT THE TRAINING HERE
- "Silkies" mit Manuela Blanchard und Collin Leach im See, Berlin (Film: Dan Farberoff)
- Waterdances at Magic Water, während einem Workshop mit Manou in Auroville
- "Liquids in Motion": Duett mit Manou Blanchard und Guillaume Laplane
Feed Backs from participants of the Training, March 2017:
"When I first discover water massages I was coming from a long lasting relationship with the water where I would use it to surf, swim, play. It helped me connect with myself and burn my energies surplus in a fun way.
Then I discover all the different kind of water bodyworks and how they were instrumental in helping others reconnect with themselves and get into deep state of relaxation and awareness.
And when I thought I had see it all, enters Manuela, with her contact dance in water, and another dimension of the water became visible: an amazing way to connect with one another, with all of the above properties also present (fun, relaxation, awareness).
Manuela is like water, her teachings are fluids and dynamics, because it is so obvious that she loves so much what she teaches, you are inmediatly intoxicated with her passion and you feel secure when diving into it because you know this little mermaid will always be by your side."
Steff, Lanzarote, professional aquatic bodyworker
"Thank you for the sessions. Your teaching is very good. Nice mixture of technique and improvisation. Sessions on land were in good relation to the watersessions. You are careful in your wording. You have good overview of what is happening. You have a waterquality in your teaching as in flowing with what is, taking the waves of our presence and energy. I felt very comfortable and in good hands. And since you spread this energy, it is reproduced by us as a group and therefore there is trust in the group amongst eachother. "
Birgit, the Netherlands, waterdancer